Ashley and I love traveling. We got to spend some time in 2011 traveling Europe together and realized that we both love tea and hot drinks, which we are actually both drinking right now as this blog goes out. There is a charm about fall and that comes with some great treats.
Today’s blog is our favorite fall treats. Our favorites list will be posted once a month, so stay updated. Let us know your favorite fall treats.
- Really crisp, fresh-picked apples
- Trader Joes apple cider
- Pumpkin Latte, but only when real pumpkin is used.
- Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies
- Hot Chocolate
My fall treats have become different in the past few years, but I love:
- Homemade Granola (I add pomegranate seeds to this or even pumpkin seeds)
- Warm breakfasts. This is a must for me in the fall. Look through some of the insta feeds @maryleekitchen
- Pumpkin Spice Latte’s …I know virtually impossible to find for those who are living with food allergies. Also, foodbabe.com did an in-depth investigation into the Starbucks PSL
- Homemade Pomegranate Strips
- Recipe will be posted this week, so stay tuned.
- The smell of fresh baked bread. I don’t get to eat a lot of bread these days, however, I have included a GF bread recipe from a woman I met in the local Whole Foods last weekend. Through our random meeting we realized we both have celiac or severe insensitivities (in my case). Therese e-mailed me the next day with the bread recipe, it does contain corn, but I hope you all try it out. Let me know what you think.
- 2TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups warm “milk”. I usually use coconut milk beverage, but any other milk beverage can be used.
- 2 eggs, beaten (I add this to the warm milk and then beat them together… so they aren’t so cold)
- 2 tsp quick rise yeast
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum