Cilantro/Lime Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is not hard to make and for those on a paleo or grain free diet, it is a perfect substitute for rice.
Author: Elizabeth Eichhorn
Recipe type: Side
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 red onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ C cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp jalapenos
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ black pepper
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- Dice the onions, jalapenos, garlic and put into individual bowls
- Chop the cauliflower into half dollar size pieces. Place into an electric blender and pulse, don’t blend too fine, because it will turn into a paste.
- Place a sautee pan over med-high heat.
- Once heated, add the olive oil. Wait 30 seconds, then add the onion. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic. Cook until translucent.
- Add jalapenos, sea salt, oregano, lime juice, black pepper, cayenne, and ¼ Cilantro
- Add the chopped cauliflower. Mix together.
- Cook for five minutes, will continually folding the ingredients into the cauliflower.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining cilantro
- *you can substitute 2 C white rice for the cauliflower