Food allergies are abnormal responses to certain foods that are triggered by the body’s immune system. An estimated 4% of adults and 6 % of children suffer from food allergies.
Any food can cause an adverse reaction but there are certain foods that are particularly notorious such as shellfish, peanuts, eggs, milk, soy and wheat. Below are four nutritious food allergy friendly recipes that you can easily prepare.
- 1 pound (500 g) of potatoes
- 4 pieces of marinated chicken
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes and onions into thin slices. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes on a low flame. After turning them twice, add the onion and the salt. Stir occasionally until they become golden and tender then set aside on a dish.
- Season a cast iron pan with olive oil. The main advantage of the best cast iron pan is a high volumetric heat capacity. This means that once the pan is hot, it will stay hot. This is particularly important for frying the chicken and preventing food from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Place the pieces of marinated chicken into the pan once the olive oil is warm.
- Keep a high flame to fry the chicken, and then reduce to a medium flame. At this time it is very important not to stir, but to shake the cast iron pan in order to achieve even heating. Constantly turn the chicken pieces over so they become golden on all sides. Remove from the fire, place on the dish with the potatoes and serve hot.
Make sure to check out Chew the World